Young Scientist + U is a science-oriented STEAM program, operated by U+ Education. Each session will be themed across a different field of science, such as physics, chemistry, and biology. Students will learn about interesting fundamental science concepts while conducting hands-on experiments, in turn becoming junior scientists themselves! Materials will be provided.
Parent participation is not required
Registration is required
Skills learned: Critical thinking, Creativity, Collaboration
Please review the guidelines and frequently asked questions on our Program FAQ.
How it Works:
1. Register for your project kit - the kit will include everything you need for all 7 sessions.
2. Library staff will email you when your kit is ready for pickup from Iroquois Ridge branch.
3. Join us on Zoom, every Tuesdays at 4:00pm to start the journey to becoming a scientist!
Need to cancel? Please let us know.
If you have to cancel your spot for any reason, you can do so by:
1. Logging into MyEvents using your library card. If you did not register with your library card, you will need the reference number you received in your confirmation email.
2. Phone your local branch, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have ready the program title, program date, and names of registered individuals.
Access to facilities and programs may be impacted by evolving health and safety protocols related to COVID-19. The Town will follow all requirements and recommendations issued by Halton Public Health and any applicable provincial regulations. The Town may use discretion to impose its own requirements. You will be notified if your registration is impacted by any changes.